Posted: October 16, 2023
Where Does Propane Come From?
Get To Know This Efficient & Reliable Home Fuel
If you have propane appliances around your home or business you may very well be aware of how versatile the fuel is. You may also know about all the amazing benefits propane costumers are able to take advantage of. But you may not know where propane comes from.
The Origin of Propane
What Propane Can Do
Now that we know where propane comes from, let’s look at what propane can do. It’s a long list. Propane can be used to:
- Heat your home
- Heat a home’s water
- Power clothes dryers
- Heat swimming pools and spas
- Ignite fire places
- Power generators
- Run forklifts on construction sites and farms and in warehouses
- Power patio and space heaters
- Cook on a stove top or gas grill
- Fuel construction equipment
Reasons To Use Propane
We mentioned propane’s versatility and as you can see from the long list above, propane has a wide variety of different functions. But the benefits don’t stop there. Here are some of the other advantages of propane:
- It’s beneficial to the planet: Propane is considered a green and environmentally friendly fuel. It has a lower carbon intensity than most other fuels and it doesn’t contain any methane. There is also hardly any particulate matter, which is a carcinogen, in propane. All these factors make propane better for both the environment and people who are around the fuel.
- Propane is incredibly efficient: Propane appliances run more efficiently than other appliances. In fact, propane furnaces are rated at 98.5% when it comes to their efficiency and propane water heaters have a higher recovery rate of hot water when compared to electric water heaters. This high level of efficiency helps propane customers save money on energy bills.
- It’s cost effective: In addition to saving customers money due to working so efficiently, the price of propane is generally more stable and considerably lower than the prices of other energy sources.
- Propane powered appliances work even in a blackout: Appliances that run on propane don’t rely on electricity or a power grid, which means they will work even in the midst of a power outage.
- It lasts a long time: Propane’s shelf life is basically unlimited. This is not the same for say, diesel fuel, which is only good for about 6-12 months.
You Can Count On Hill Gas For Your Propane
Homeowners and business owners in central Texas who are looking for reliable propane deliveries don’t have to look any further than Hill Gas. We also offer propane tank installation and service and service for your propane appliances.
Contact us to become a customer today!